I need to edit a piece of writing (Let Her Stay (full)) to be able to submit the second draft for peer-review tomorrow, but I can’t seem to get started.
I’m vacillating between alternate endings:
- keep the current ending (mass death) or
- rewrite it to make it into a non-harming spectacle.
I’m already sure that I’m going to junk the epilogue so at least that’s a load off.
I guess at the end of the day, I’m not sure which of these endings reflects the characteristics of the protagonists.
Running out of time.
- should add a sub-plot?
- erm, okay that was easy – I can’t think of any others.
Things I definitely need to do:
- read through all Draft One comments
- take out anything cliched and replace
- take out anything remotely funny
- take out stuff that’s over the top
- convert the prequel to third-party
- decide where to insert the prequel
- beef up the motivations of the characters
- make sure the imagery is sharp.
I have until tomorrow to do this. I need to stop worrying because this is only the second draft that I am producing here, not the final version.
I have an ache in my neck and my whole body is feeling tense and sore.
Actually, I feel better now that I have the task encapsulated. All I have to do is do it now.