Bored with your everyday routine? Want a little something extra to spice up your life? Try these simple to do exercises to bring some zip back into your existence:
- Instead of washing your face and getting dressed in the bathroom, do it on a rollercoaster – then you’ll see how much fun the process can be!
- Don’t open your eyes for the first half hour of getting out of bed. This will give you a different perspective on fun things like making toast.
- Walk to the bus stop backwards. Surprisingly no-one will give you a second glance, but you’ll have such a good time.
- Sit on the back of the top deck of the bus with the rowdy kids on their way to school. You’ll learn several new words to try out on your mother the next time you speak to her.
- Dig out a piece of grass, with a good amount of earth, when you get off the bus, and take this into the office with you. Plant it in that chipped cup you never use.
- Go knock on the boss’s office door and tell him (or her) that you want to start a ten minute long daily mindfulness class for the other employees, to put them in a good mood for work. Then Google ‘mindfulness’ to find out what it is.
- Spend the rest of the day with a big smile on your face because you know that if you can break the mould for one day, you can do something new, different and exciting every single day of the rest of your life.
We really do get such a short time here on this beautiful planet, so make sure you make the most of it. Life’s too short to do the same thing every day. Make a positive change now. And remember – if it doesn’t feel like fun – don’t do it.
(inspired by Magarisa’s comment on https://detoutetderien2015.wordpress.com/2017/07/02/remains/)