I’ve been sent surveys asking for my experience with organisations. Strikes me that the way I feel depends more on me than them. If I engage with institutions in an interested and interesting way, then my experience is generally positive. If I don’t, then it often isn’t.
I sometimes forget that I’m talking to people. I forget that they have their own individual lives, loves and feelings outside of their role as a company peon.
Therefore, I’ve decided to be more engaging and engaged in my interactions with the people working for corporate bodies.
Here’s my plan:
- Take every opportunity to speak up
- Make friends with people I talk to
- Remember that peeps really matter
- Learn as much as possible from folk
- Realise that I’m not always right
- Listen to the advice that I receive.
Right, I’m going to fill in a couple of surveys now.