- Who angers or disappoints you? What is it about them that you didn’t like or still don’t like?
Ernesto “Che” Guevara angers and disappoints me. I don’t like that I can’t seem to get over the feeling that this person is intruding into my life. That I can’t seem to be able to explain myself to them, no matter how hard I try. That I can’t cope with the anger I feel when our interactions go awry.
- How do you want them to change? What do you want them to do?
I want them to be a little more aware of my triggers – the ones that make me sad or angry.
- What is it that they should or shouldn’t do, be, think, or feel?
They shouldn’t be angry about my inconsistencies – I’m flawed enough within myself without having the deal with the extra burden of making other people angry.
- Do you need anything from them? What do they need to give you or do in order for you to be happy?
I just need to be a little more understanding I guess. I need my explanations to be understood. I need them to give me time to explain. Actually – I need to not need.
- What do you think of them? Make a list.
I think that they are working under the illusion that I am a rational being. I’m not. I think that they think that I hold the answers to me. I do not. I think that they expect me to be better in the future or to improve to the point at which they can like me again. This is becoming increasingly unlikely.
- What is it that you don’t ever want to experience with that person, thing, or situation again?
I don’t want experience anger in their presence. I don’t want to be sad around them. I don’t want to feel like a failure.
- Is any of this really true?