A selection of words I considered starting this post with:
- Who’s in your corner?
- Those bright, young things …
- There’s orange juice on my keyboard.
- Why can’t people pee straight!
- So, I’m wearing a jumper I got last Christmas …
- Feeling older than I should feel today.
I decided that not one of them was good enough. They all seem to try to pluck at strings that I’ve already broken through misuse and ‘miliarity.
And I guess that’s what writer’s constipation is all about – the feeling that whatever I’m going to write will be the same as what I’ve already written and therefore won’t be good enough.
You know what I’m going to do next? Just to prove that I … something or other, I’m going to take those rejected lines as prompts for the next six posts. And I’m going to finish them all within an hour. Just you watch.
Edit: took me six hours, but I got there. The proof is in the links above. My … system has been cleansed.