One of the best things about life is that it’s full of opportunities to find enjoyment. I’m sure you can think of your own moments of pleasure, but here are a few of my own favourite things:
- Having a good scratch. As a good friend of mine says: if it doesn’t itch, don’t scratch it, but if it does then dig in! Note of caution: hayfever sufferers need not apply.
- Squishing jelly between the fingers. Don’t try to eat it afterwards, unless you know that your hands are really, really clean and you don’t mind cleaning your face afterwards.
- Saying yes to a whole host of things that I don’t want to do whilst in the middle of doing something that I most assuredly do want to do. It doesn’t feel good until afterwards, though.
- Folding towels (or t-shirts) after they’ve been washed into nice, nice, neat, squared-off piles that can be packed away into the proper places and spaces nice and neatly.
- Getting something from between my teeth that’s been there all day because I didn’t have a dental harp with me because I stupidly forgot to take it with me (again).
- Lying down at the end of the day knowing that I’ve done everything I could to make that day a good and productive day in which the world was set to rights.
- Waking up in the morning knowing that I’ve got a new day to play with that I’ve never ever had the opportunity to experience in the whole history of forever (yet).
What’s that: seven? Well, I’ll stop there (even though I could go on forever) because seven is a nice number and I can hear madame creeping upstairs on the look out for love and cuddles.
P.S. – one of the above is not true. Can you guess which one?
2 thoughts on “A Few of my Favourite Things”
Madame deserves all the love and affection, especially belly rub.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re absolutely right there, Cassa. 😃