I’ve just read a post called (July 24/17) “A Spontaneous Explanation/Thank You” 🙂 written by a dear friend, Truly. And it really struck a chord with me.
Before I tell you why, here’s a bit of background:
- When I was a kid I used to listen to BBC Radio One (pop music (do you remember the jingle ‘two forty-seven Radio One – fun for the weekend’?)).
- When I got older I listened to BBC Radio Two (pop from previous decades).
- When I joined a weird sex cult I shrugged off contemporary music and listened to BBC Radio Three (classical).
- When I came back to my senses I listened to BBC Radio Four (in depth news reports).
- Now that I’ve reached a certain age I’ve reverted back to BBC Radio One (and yes – the little red sports car is on-order) and am blogging here on WordPress.
The point of going through all of that is to tell you that I wholeheartedly agree with Truly when she talks about the state of news reporting today.
When I used to listen to BBC Radio Four it was bad news and then more bad news, but on BBC Radio One, they concentrate on the light-hearted stuff (celebrity gossip and sport). Some would disagree, but I think that this is a positive change for me.
But it’s the things that Truly said about WordPress, and the positivity within this community, that really resonates with me. I love the feeling I get from interacting with the talented and beautiful bloggers here (yes – that means you). However I never considered the WordPress community to be a news system – but it totally is!
WordPress is the best place to get a picture of the positive things that are happening in people’s lives. The things shared here are no less important than the ‘headlines’ on the BBC. But the difference is – the events we read here are more life affirming that the things we hear about in mainstream news channels.
If there was ever a fool-proof prescription for feeling good, it would be getting involved in the WordPress community – giving your good news to the world and getting back the good news of other community members.
And where better to start than the richly layered (and pun-filled) blog that Truly lovingly puts together. Her heart is overflowing with love – long may it continue!